Final design of Athens central railway corridor, central Athens railway station and central railway depot, chainage 1+900 until 13+200 (532)
Hellenic Railways Organisation SA (OSE SA)
Upgrade and rehabilitation of the Athens Metropolitan Railway Corridor for the 11km section starting from the south entrance of the Athens Central Railway Depot, until the crossing of the Kifissos riverbed, by the means of:
- Grade separation of railway corridor and transverse urban arterial road network, in order to improve operational conditions and minimize delays for both the railway and road network operation.
- Rehabilitation and modernization of the railway infrastructure including the elimination of old metric gauge line and provision of a three or four (depending on the section) standard gauge lines corridor for the whole span through the Metropolitan Area.
- Functional and infrastructural separation between suburban and interurban operations.
- Introduction of new intermediate railway stops for suburban railway.
- Expansion and upgrade of Athens Central Metropolitan Station.
- Expansion and rehabilitation of Central Athens Railway Depot, to include stabling and workshops of the suburban railway, new wheel grinding and a new marshalling yard.
Services provided :
- Final design of railway infrastructure and affected parallel and transverse urban road network for the section between the Central Depot and the Athens Central Railway Station, for a four standard gauge track railway corridor, as well as between the Athens Central Railway Station and the Kifissos riverbed crossing.
- Final design of Athens Central Metropolitan Railway Station and affected urban arterial and local network.
- Preliminary design for a three standard gauge track railway corridor and affected road network between the Athens Central Depot and Athens Central Station, designed for staged development (2 tracks and phase a and 1 additional track at phase b).
- Final design for a three standard gauge track railway corridor and affected road network between the Athens Central Depot and Athens Central Station, designed for staged development (2 tracks at phase a and 1 additional track at phase b).
- Final design of Athens Central Depot rehabilitation and expansion for suburban railway stabling and workshops, new wheel grinding and Marshalling Yard.
- Preliminary and final hydraulic and drainage design for both the railway corridor and the Athens Central Station and Depot.
- Environmental Impact Assessment Study and Environmental licensing for railway corridor, depot and stations.
- Traffic and capacity analysis for the railway corridor between the port of Piraeus and the Acharnes Intermodal Center.
Construction Value: 120.000.000€